Pint Sized Plays Call for Submissions
PINT SIZED PLAYS IS ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2018:
PianoFight is bringing San Francisco’s favorite immersive theater in a bar event about drinking back in 2018 – and we are looking for new short plays and eager playwrights seeking a challenge!
Please review the submission guidelines below:
* Plays must be no longer than the time it takes to finish a beer. This means plays may be as short as a few seconds, but no longer than seven pages.
* Plays must take place in a bar. This is for both thematic and logistical purposes as the plays will be performed in the bar space of PianoFight, and the only set pieces/props we can 100% guarantee are tables, chairs, and beers.
* Plays must respect the bar space. Don’t demand that actors do anything in your play that you wouldn’t do in a bar yourself (with some degree of sobriety).
* Please note, actors are not allowed behind the bar or in the kitchen.
* The creation of each month’s Pint Sized Plays is a collaborative process, so writers must be willing to work with directors and producers to adapt their script as needed.
* Please review the dates below to see the deadlines for scripts to be considered for each Pint Sized production*:
-DEADLINE FOR APR PINT SIZED: Feb. 15th
-DEADLINE FOR JUN PINT SIZED: Apr. 15th
-DEADLINE FOR OCT PINT SIZED: Aug. 15th
-DEADLINE FOR DEC PINT SIZED: Oct. 15th
*Selections for February’s Pint Sized Plays have been made
* Open to residents of the following counties ONLY: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Joaquin. You must be able and willing to prove your residence and identity upon request.
* There is no fee to submit a play for consideration in Pint-Sized.
* Please include your name and contact info on the cover page of your script.
Please send submissions in PDF format to pintsizedsubmissions@
Upcoming Pint Sized themes:
FEBRUARY: Drunk In Love
DECEMBER: Holiday Office Party