Pint Sized Plays 2017 Call for Submissions
PianoFight and San Francisco Theater Pub are proud to announce the latter’s marquee production, the venerable Pint Sized Plays Festival, will return in 2017 with five all new shows running throughout the year. Pint Sized Plays is made up of short plays set in a bar, written by locals, and the only rule is… the play can’t be longer than it takes one of its characters to finish a beer.
Just kiddin – there are a couple other rules. Please review the submission guidelines below:
* As stated, plays must be no longer than the time it takes to finish a beer. This means plays may be as short as a few seconds, but no longer than eight pages.
* At least one of the characters in the play must be drinking a beer during the scene, and the play must end when a character finishes their beer.
* Plays must take place in a bar. This is for both thematic and logistical purposes as the plays will be performed in the bar space of PianoFight, and the only set pieces/props we can 100% guarantee are tables, chairs, and beers.
* Plays must respect the bar space. Don’t demand that actors do anything in your play that you wouldn’t do in a bar yourself (with some degree of sobriety).
* Please note, actors are not allowed behind the bar or in the kitchen.
* Submissions for Pint Sized Plays will remain open all year. Submissions received may be considered for each production of the festival in the 2017 season.
* Open to residents of the following counties ONLY: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Joaquin. You must be able and willing to prove your residence and identity upon request.
* There is no fee to submit a play for consideration in Pint-Sized.
* Please include your name and contact info on the cover page of your script.
Please send submissions in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pint Sized Plays will return to the PianoFight bar on Monday evenings at 7:30pm in March, May, August, October and December. Tickets are free to $30 suggested donation, and can be reserved at www.pianofight.com